1 beef brisket (9-11 lb) Mesquite Charcoal 4 onces soaked wood chips in foil pouch Rub: 2 tbsp. salt 2 tbsp. dry mustard 2 tbsp. cracked black pepper 2 tbsp. brown sugar 2 tbsp. Chili powder Wrap 1 cup apple cider 4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce Barbecue sauce 1 each Onion, diced 1 clove Garlic, Minced 2 cup Apple Cider ½ cup Cider Vinegar ½ cup Brown Sugar 1 cup Ketchup 1 cup Stone Ground Mustard 1 Tbsp. Tabasco 1 tbsp. Chili Powder 1. Clean brisket of any excess fat and silver skin.
2. Combine seasoning for rub.
3. Rub brisket with seasoning and let come to room temperature (1 hr.)
4. Light mesquite and move coals to one side of barbecue place wood chip pouch on coals.
5. When coals are ready place brisket on grill turning regularly.
6. After 30 to 40 minutes’ move brisket to cool side of grill, close and let smoke for 2 hours turning brisket regularly.
7. Remove brisket to roasting pan, add cider and Worchester, cover with foil.
8. Place in 250-degree oven for 4 -5 hours.
9. For Sauce: In bowl of blender combine onion, garlic and apple cider. Puree.
10. Add remaining ingredients and pulse
11. Pour into a sauce pan and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes
12. Remove brisket from oven and let rest for 30 minutes.
13. Drain liquid from pan.
14. Place brisket on cutting board and slice against grain.
15. Serve with Barbecue sauce.