- Combine 2 cups water and dried porcini mushroom in a small sauce pan and simmer to reconstitute.
- In a large pan sweat onions in olive oil add Arborio stir to coat with olive oil
- In small batches add chicken stock adding just enough to cover the rice.
- Add garlic, bay leaf, thyme, salt and white pepper
- Using a microplane finely grate truffle into rice.
- Strain porcini and reserve the liquid. Finely dice the porcini and add to risotto.
- Slowly cook risotto over medium heat adding stock and reserved porcini water. Cook until rice is al dente, cooked to be firm to the bite. Add more water if necessary.
- Add cream and continue to stir remove from heat add about 1 cup of Grana Padano and chopped parsley. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Garniture: sauté fresh mushrooms in butter until brown and soft, deglaze with Marsala and add fresh scallions set aside.
- To serve garnish with mushrooms and serve with extra Grana Padano
Come Taste the Wine of Oregon’s Yamhill-Carlton AVA!
June 27th, 2017 | 6 to 8pm The Metropolist 2931 1st Avenue South A Seattle, WA 98134
$30 (in advance with Eventbrite here>>) $35.00 (at the door ~ cash only)The Yamhill-Carlton American Viticultural Area, home of many Oregon wine industry pioneers and the oldest soils in the Willamette Valley, is coming to Seattle! Join 12 wineries for a memorable tasting experience on June 27th from 6-8pm. The producers will be pouring wine all exclusively made from Y-C AVA fruit, concentrating on Pinot Noir, as well as a small selection of other varietals. This is a great opportunity to taste Oregon wines without traveling hundreds of miles. Learn firsthand about Oregon’s geology and climate and what makes the wine so alluring, complex and age worthy. While you sip, enjoy delectable bites that complement these world-class wines. This is a unique opportunity, as many of these wines are not for sale in Washington state. If you like what you taste at the event & want these wines in your own cellar, Esquin Wine & Spirits will be taking wine orders!
Participating Yamhill-Carton AVA Wineries:
Crab Tostadas with Sriracha Guacamole1 (16 ounce) package tostadas ( or fresh made) 16 ounces Dungeness crab 1 lime, juiced 2 tablespoons olive oil Salt and pepper ***** Garnish 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced 1 red pepper, finely diced 1 jalapeno, finely diced 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped *****Guacamole 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled 1 lime, juiced 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon Sriracha 1/2 medium onion, diced 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro 1 clove garlic, minced 2 tablespoon sour cream
- You can fry your own tortilla but store bought are just fine
- In a large bowl, pull crab apart and check for any shell pieces. Combine lime juice and olive oil and dress crab with dressing and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In another bowl combine diced tomatoes, diced peppers, onions and cilantro.
- In bowl of food processor combine all ingredients and pulse until well comined.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Guacamole on tostada top with 1 ounce of crab meat and garnish with pepper mixture