***** Brine 1 (6 to 8-pound) bone-in fresh ham 2 cups kosher salt 2 cups sugar 2 bay leaves 2 Tbs fennel seeds 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes 4 whole cloves 1 cinnamon stick 2 gallons water 12 ounces Hard cider *****Rub 4 medium scallions, coarsely chopped 2 small jalapenos, seeded and coarsely chopped 2 lime, juiced and zest 2 large cloves garlic 2 Tbs chopped fresh ginger 1 Tbs chopped fresh thyme 2 Tbs chopped sage 1 tsp. ground allspice 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon ¼ cup olive oil *****Glaze 1 cup Dijon mustard 1 cup whole-grain mustard 1 cup honey 1 cup Apple CiderPrintable Recipe and Instructions
1 lb. dried white beans (Flageolet) 8 1/4 cups cold water 3 fresh Thyme sprigs 1 fresh Rosemary sprig 1 each Bay Leaf 4 each Cloves 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Corns 2 tbl Olive Oil 4 oz. Bacon, diced 2 cups chopped onion (3/4 lb.) 1 cup celery, diced 1 cup carrot, peeled diced 3 tsp finely chopped garlic (6 large cloves 14-oz can stewed tomatoes, chopped with juice 2 cups beef broth 1 tbl tomato paste 4 each confit duck legs* (1 3/4 lb. total) 1 lb. garlic pork sausage 1/2 cup Parsley, chopped 2 cups coarse fresh bread crumbs 1½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
Special equipment: an 8-inch square of cheesecloth; kitchen string; a 4 1/2 to 5 quart casserole dish (3 to 4 inches deep)
Avennia Les Trouves 2013 Red Blend Columbia Valley $24.99 The traditional blend Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre is approachable and delicious. Layers of herbs and peppery spice add complexity to the cherry and blackberry fruit balanced with fresh acidity, while a savory element leaves wanting another glass. Approachable, easy drinking and delicious! "This is just what we love about the regional wines from Provence," Chris said. "It is very approachable now, but complex enough to hold our interest."This southern Rhone style of Red would pair easily with everything from Ratatouille to Grilled Tuna to Roast Lamb. It also pairs just as easily for a Grilled Ribeye with Gorgonzola Butter. A surprisingly simple preparation with that will impress your guests. Ribeye Steaks with Gorgonzola Butter 1 ea 2lb (1 ½" - 2" thick) Bone-in Porterhouse Steaks ¼ Cup Olive Oil, plus more for serving Sea Salt Black Pepper, freshly ground Rosemary sprigs *** For Serving Lemon wedges 2 Cups Arugula Roasted Potatoes 2 lb Asparagus *** Gorgonzola Butter 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese Salt and pepper Printable Recipe and Instructions
1 beef brisket (9-11 lb) Mesquite Charcoal 4 onces soaked wood chips in foil pouch Rub: 2 tbsp. salt 2 tbsp. dry mustard 2 tbsp. cracked black pepper 2 tbsp. brown sugar 2 tbsp. Chili powder Wrap 1 cup apple cider 4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce Barbecue sauce 1 each Onion, diced 1 clove Garlic, Minced 2 cup Apple Cider ½ cup Cider Vinegar ½ cup Brown Sugar 1 cup Ketchup 1 cup Stone Ground Mustard 1 Tbsp. Tabasco 1 tbsp. Chili Powder 1. Clean brisket of any excess fat and silver skin.
2. Combine seasoning for rub.
3. Rub brisket with seasoning and let come to room temperature (1 hr.)
4. Light mesquite and move coals to one side of barbecue place wood chip pouch on coals.
5. When coals are ready place brisket on grill turning regularly.
6. After 30 to 40 minutes’ move brisket to cool side of grill, close and let smoke for 2 hours turning brisket regularly.
7. Remove brisket to roasting pan, add cider and Worchester, cover with foil.
8. Place in 250-degree oven for 4 -5 hours.
9. For Sauce: In bowl of blender combine onion, garlic and apple cider. Puree.
10. Add remaining ingredients and pulse
11. Pour into a sauce pan and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes
12. Remove brisket from oven and let rest for 30 minutes.
13. Drain liquid from pan.
14. Place brisket on cutting board and slice against grain.
15. Serve with Barbecue sauce.