- Combine 2 cups water and dried porcini mushroom in a small sauce pan and simmer to reconstitute.
- In a large pan sweat onions in olive oil add Arborio stir to coat with olive oil
- In small batches add chicken stock adding just enough to cover the rice.
- Add garlic, bay leaf, thyme, salt and white pepper
- Using a microplane finely grate truffle into rice.
- Strain porcini and reserve the liquid. Finely dice the porcini and add to risotto.
- Slowly cook risotto over medium heat adding stock and reserved porcini water. Cook until rice is al dente, cooked to be firm to the bite. Add more water if necessary.
- Add cream and continue to stir remove from heat add about 1 cup of Grana Padano and chopped parsley. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Garniture: sauté fresh mushrooms in butter until brown and soft, deglaze with Marsala and add fresh scallions set aside.
- To serve garnish with mushrooms and serve with extra Grana Padano
FOOD + WINE CLASSES with Lenny Rede
April 9th - Bourbon and Barbecue! 2-4PM in the Sky LoungeTwo great tastes that taste great together. We will explore a variety of styles of barbecue and an equal number of bourbons, including a few local favorites! Do’s and don’ts on how to make your next BBQ the best party ever. $49 Call 206.682.7374 to register. Advance registration is necessary. Gift Certificates are available.
Azienda Agricola Mario Lucchetti is the third-generation estate that he helms alongside son Paolo, daughter-in-law Tiziana and acclaimed winemaking consultant Alberto Mazzoni. It now produces four separate iterations of Lacrima, including ultra small quantities of a highly sought after Amarone-styled example, as well as a Verdicchio on 34 acres that Mario began planting in the early 1980s.We were able to sit and taste through the current vintage of Mario Lucchetti wines with Paolo and Tiziana a couple of months back prior to their release. It feels like we've been waiting a lifetime for these wines to arrive - that's how much we enjoyed them.