Ingredients 1 medium yellow or white onion 1 stalk celery 1 tablespoon butter 4 ounce bacon 2 tablespoons flour 2 cups chicken broth or clam juice 2 cups water 2 red or Yukon gold potatoes 1 clove garlic, chopped fine Pinch cayenne pepper 1 teaspoon fresh thyme 1 bay leaf 4 ears fresh sweet corn or 4 cups frozen corn (fresh is better) ½ cup Cream Salt to taste Parsley to garnish 16 oz Dungeness crab meat Method
- Peel corn and using a sharp knife cut kernels off cobs.
- Finely dice onion and celery. Peel and thinly slice then dice the potato and set aside. Dice bacon.
- Heat a heavy stock pot and add the butter. Add the bacon and sweat add the onion and celery, stirring often until onions and celery softens.
- Add flour and cook until a roux forms.
- Add chicken broth and water, stir until velvety and thickened. Add diced potatoes. Add white pepper, thyme and bay leaf.
- Simmer gently for twenty minutes
- Add corn and cook for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat partly puree with emersion blender.
- Return to heat, add cream and slowly heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer till soup thickens. Pour in bowl, add crab meat (2 tablespoons per bowl) and garnish with Parsley.
Crab Tostadas with Sriracha Guacamole1 (16 ounce) package tostadas ( or fresh made) 16 ounces Dungeness crab 1 lime, juiced 2 tablespoons olive oil Salt and pepper ***** Garnish 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced 1 red pepper, finely diced 1 jalapeno, finely diced 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped *****Guacamole 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled 1 lime, juiced 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon Sriracha 1/2 medium onion, diced 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro 1 clove garlic, minced 2 tablespoon sour cream
- You can fry your own tortilla but store bought are just fine
- In a large bowl, pull crab apart and check for any shell pieces. Combine lime juice and olive oil and dress crab with dressing and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In another bowl combine diced tomatoes, diced peppers, onions and cilantro.
- In bowl of food processor combine all ingredients and pulse until well comined.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Guacamole on tostada top with 1 ounce of crab meat and garnish with pepper mixture