These pinks are easy going down and easy on the wallet.
When it comes to warm-weather drinking, rose is the new go-to. In 2015, the volume of rose sales was up more than 44% year over year. With rose being such a popular wine we thought we’d give you our recommendations for some amazing rose that won’t break the bank. These rose wines vary in hue from a pale blush too vibrant salmon, from the Provence region of France to Horse Heaven Hills in Washington.
- Baron De Funes Rosado 2017: Made from 100% Garnacha, this is a lean pink wine loaded with cut strawberry and fresh mint accents. For under $10, this wine is a tasty, screaming deal. https://madwine.com/rose/92761-baron-de-funes-rosado-2017.html $6.99
- Regaleali Rosato 2017: Thousands of roses, brought in from all over the world, thrive on the Regaleali estate. The name of this wine has changed to reflect these incredible flowers. Unchanged, however, are the Nerello Mascalese grapes which give Le Rose di Regaleali its class and elegant fragrance. Deep salmon-pink in color, offers delicate aromas of cherry, raspberry, blackberry, and-appropriate to its name-rose petals. Rich on the palate with refreshing acidity and a long, flavorful finish, this is what Sicilians enjoy in the summertime. Perfect for tuna, salmon, poultry, pork, and flavorful pasta dishes, this wine is universally food-friendly. https://madwine.com/rose/92801-regaleali-rosato-2017.html $9.99
- Michel Lynch Rose 2017: Candy pink in color, this is a soft wine. Its caramel and spice are balanced with the red-currant fruits to give an easy, open wine that is ready to drink. https://madwine.com/rose/92794-michel-lynch-rose-2017.html $10.99
- Librandi Circo Rosato 2017: The vineyards that dot the countryside of the small town of Ciro Marina overlook the Ionian Sea and benefit from cool ocean breezes, thus producing grapes with spicy and floral aromas. Ciro Rosato is made from 100% Gaglioppo, Calabria’s signature variety, selectively harvested in late September into early October. https://madwine.com/rose/92791-librandi-ciirco-rose-2017.html $11.99
- Commanderie de la Bargemone Coteaux D’Aix en Provence Rose 2017: Bargemone is among the foremost estates of the Coteaux d’Aix appellation of Provence. A benchmark producer of the delicious, dry rose for which Provence is famous. Offers classic aromas of wild strawberries and red currants, with a light, floral character and a crisp, bone dry palate. https://madwine.com/rose/86770-commanderie-de-la-bargemone-coteaux-d-aix-en-provence-rose-aoc-2016.html $14.99
- AIX Rose 2017: This is a smooth, beautifully ripe wine. It is well balanced, with crisp red and orange fruits adding a refreshing background to the spice and acidity. This finely made wine is ready to drink. https://madwine.com/rose/91742-aix-rose-2016.html $17.99
- Whispering Angel Rose 2017: The Rose that put Provence on the map! Very French in style, loads of minerality, light peach, fresh strawberries, and a hint of rosewater. The bright acid makes this the perfect rose to pair with grilled Sea Scallops wrapped in fresh watermelon. Perfect for that patio dinner. 91 POINTS DECANTER. https://madwine.com/rose/92798-whispering-angel-rose-2017.html $19.99
- Julia’s Dazzle Rose 2016: Though the highest price on this list, this unique Rose of Pinot Gris is named after Allen’s granddaughter, Julia, and is sourced from a special block from The Benches Vineyard at Wallula in Horse Heaven Hills. The grapes were left to hang until they developed a bright tint, then gently pressed and the clarified juice slowly fermented at cool temperatures to retain the wine’s intensely vibrant aromatics and flavors. Fresh and lively with bright aromas and flavors of ripe strawberries and melon complimented by a racy acidity that lingers across a clean, off dry finish. https://madwine.com/rose/90492-julia-s-dazzle-rose-2016.html $22.99