Here are two of my favorite things – whiskey and Barbecue!
Below I give you my Bourbon Glazed Tri Tip Recipe – you can prepare it either on a BBQ or just as easily in the oven. Now you could serve a big Zin or WA Syrah with this but I like to make pitchers of Whiskey Gingers AKA Tennessee Mules.
3 parts Ginger Ale
1 part Jack Daniels No 7
Squeeze of lime juice plus more slices for garnish
Plenty of ice
Refreshing and a great pairing for my Tri Tip recipe
Maple Bourbon Glazed Tri Tip Steak
2-3 lb. Beef Tri-tip
1 tsp. course ground black pepper
1 tsp. chopped garlic
¼ tsp. ground thyme
¼ cup bourbon
1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup Bourbon
2 Tablespoons Grain Mustard
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
1 Tablespoons Cider Vinegar
2 Tablespoons Siracha
1. Day 1: Trim Beef of any excess silver or fat. Combine ingredients for marinade. Place Tri Tip in a Ziploc bag with marinade at let rest overnight in refrigerator.
2. The next day remove tri tip from marinade and let come to room temperature.
3. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
4. Combine ingredients for glaze and set aside
5. Rub Roast with oil and season liberally with salt and pepper.
6. Prepare a roasting pan with a wire rack.
7. Heat a large cast iron pan on stove top. Sear each side of tri tip to brown 3-4 min each side.
8. Place roast on wire rack and place in oven.
9. Roast for about half an hour and brush roast with glaze.
10. After 20 minutes turn roast and brush with glaze again, repeating every 10 – 15 minutes until center of roast reaches 130 degrees.
11. Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.