Greetings, fellow wine lovers! This is Jameson and I am taking the reins of all things blog-related for Esquin Wine Merchants. Before I get started, let me give you a little background about myself. I moved here from Chicago (where I dabbled in the food and wine industries) almost six years ago to pursue my desire to work in the wine business full-time. And I haven’t looked back since. Here’s what you can expect to find here:
- Passion and enthusiasm about wine
- Lots of food and wine talk, with an emphasis on pairings
- A love of all esoteric and unusual wines from Picpoul to the Puget Sound
- Loads about Washington wine
- Unwavering desire to see more regular sparkling wine and Champagne consumption
- Interviews with local, national, and international wine personalities
- Dispatches from vineyards and wineries near and (fingers crossed) far
- Notes about restaurants from the humble to the fancy
- Beer. Yes, beer. Occasionally. As any winemaker will tell you, it takes a lot of beer to make a good wine.
Here’s what you won’t find here:
- Superior, snobby, elitist attitudes about wine
- The word “seamless” and all other worthless wine descriptors
- Lackadaisical, sporadic updates by robots
Please let me know what you would like to see and read about; I appreciate all praise, kudos, flattery, constructive criticism, and glancing blows. Cheers, everybody!